Tuesday, January 4, 2011

The Incredible Argentavis



There are many large birds presently however none compare to the incredible Argentavis. One of the largest birds that live today is the Andean Condor with a wing span of about nine feet long and wieghs about 25 pounds. Now compare this to the Arentavis who had a wing span of 25 feet and weighed an amazing 150 to 250 pounds. This dinosaurs size is comaped to the size of a miny plane. This dinosaur is truly inconceivable.

Found form: http://dinosaurs.about.com/b/2011/01/03/prehistoric-bird-of-the-day-argentavis.htm

In my opinion I found this article very interesting and I also found it shocking. I enjoied learning about the past and learning about past birds. I also enjoyed trying to picture what it be like if it was living present day, imagine that.

No comments:

Post a Comment